Nominate A Veteran Of The Week
#VeteranOfTheWeek works best with 3-5 good photos — at least one of them should be in uniform. The bigger, the better, and good resolution is important. Consider scanning a physical photo if you do not have a digital copy readily available. Email the photos with the following information:
- Name, branch, occupation, and years of service (Timothy “Tim” Lawson, Marines, 6672 Aviation Supply, 2006 to 2011)
- Tours, deployments, and campaigns (OIF, OEF, Vietnam, Gulf War, etc.)
- Notable awards (Purple heart, Bronze star, NAM, Army Achievement, etc.)
- Current geographic location in South Carolina (so we can localize the story and promote to the community)
- Bonus info includes what they’re doing now, significant moment(s) during their service and other unique information.
You can send all of the material to email@example.com. In the subject line, put “[Veteran’s name] for Veteran of the Week.” It is important that you include as much of the requested material as possible, as it is necessary to complete and publish a post on the aforementioned SCDVA platforms.
Every Veteran in South Carolina is worthy of recognition. They do not need to meet any other criteria other than having honorably served their country.